Hi. My name is Becca, and I’ve had a long fascination with museums starting when I was a little girl and I went to the Smithsonian Institute with my family when I was seven or eight. I always wanted to sneak behind the closed doors and rummage back there and see what I could get into because they always held such fascinating things for me. This class will help me to fulfill that fascination by letting me go behind closed doors and see the inner workings of a museum. 

I am doing a double major in Anthropology and Alaska Native Studies, and I am currently living in Montana. This is my first semester back after a long sabbatical, and I’m excited to have this class. I look forward to meeting you virtually and working with all of you. 

One Thought to “Becca Ray-Turner”

Welcome to our class Becca – we’re happy to have you join us! Many of our videos will have you peeking into the back-of-house at our museum and others. With an interest in Anthropology and Alaska Native Studies, we’ll have lots of interesting readings, lectures, and videos for you to dig into. I look forward to hearing your perspectives this semester.