With the pandemic over the past year and the cancellation of all in-person conferences, there have been opportunities for free online museum-based professional development. Students may view up to two (2) online webinars and write a post about each. You can earn up to an additional 15 points for each webinar you write about.
For your post, write up a summary of the main points of a webinar, providing some links and screen shots from the webinar. Think about how you might implement what you learned in a real-life situation.
Each posts is worth up to 15 points, so they could help make up for any regular posts you miss or points you might have missed on quizzes. These scores won’t be integrated into the Blackboard Grade Center but will be tracked on our back-end grading spreadsheet. At the end of the semester these points will be added to your overall score.
Here are some options for training. If you find something not on our list that is of interest to you, reach out to an instructor to see if it will count.
- Foundation for Advancement in Conservation: Connecting to Collections Care Webinar Archives
- Cuseum Webinars
- Western Museums Association Webinars & Events List (this also has a great list of archived webinars by topic)
- iDigBio Natural History Collections webinar series
- The Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections (SPNHC) YouTube channel
- Association of Registrars and Collections Specialists (ARCS) YouTube channel
- Network of European Museum Organisations (NEMO) Webinars