Hello! My name is Hannah. I’m not a student at UAF, but a student at UAA. Currently, I’m entering into my junior year for my undergrad studies. My bachelor’s that I’m studying for is History and I’m planning, after I graduate with my undergrad, to get a certificate in Museum Studies and a postgraduate degree in either Archiving and/or Museum Studies/Heritage Management. I’ve always had a passion for history, education, and museums since I was 13 when I volunteered in my hometown’s museum. Someone close to me recommended me to try this course out and get into the fundaments of one of the interests I have with what I want to do in the future. One of the interesting facts about me is that I went to England in the Summer of 2022 and visited places like York, Durham, etc. I really enjoyed the museums that I visited in England, especially the ones in York (inside the city walls). I never visited Europe in general and I highly recommend it to anyone who has a keen interest in traveling and/or Western history.

One Thought to “Introduction: Hannah”

Welcome to our class Hannah! It’s great you can join us from UAA – you have the opportunity to visit some amazing museums in Anchorage to supplement what we’ll do in class this semester. I look forward to your contributions to our discussions – especially your experiences from your recent trip to England.